Enterprise Content Management
While all companies can benefit from an enterprise content management (ECM) system, for professional services firms, content management is not only an operational challenge but a client service challenge as well.
Firms are under pressure to manage an ever-growing avalanche of content and media and clients are demanding real-time access to project data and documents. Professional services firms need a tool that can help them take control of their content, boost effectiveness, encourage collaboration and make information easier to share which, in turn, enables them to work more productively, build closer relationships with clients, and share information and best practices.
ECM fits the bill by:
- Improving Effectiveness. Project management based on a strong ECM solution can help companies build competitive advantage and deliver better customer service.
- Reducing Operational Cost. Consolidation of data and document repositories and electronic management and delivery of client information can be a significant opportunity to reduce costs.
- Attracting and Retaining Customers. Improving collaboration, information access and client communications sets the stage for better client relationships and increased profitability.
Sopris Systems supports both native Microsoft ECM solutions and partner solutions that offer specific industry focused functionality. These solutions offer:
- Document Management – for tracking document versions from initial draft to final form, maintaining audit trails and logs, ensuring superior client service as well as meeting regulatory, legal or operational requirements.
- Records Management – for long-term retention of content through automation and policies, ensuring legal, regulatory and industry compliance.
- Email Management – simple yet powerful email management capabilities from within the messaging environment, extending the capabilities of Microsoft Exchange Server and making it easy to capture, organize and search business-critical communications from within the familiar Outlook environment.
- Workflow and Automation/Business Process Management – for supporting business processes, routing content, assigning work tasks and states, and creating audit trails.
- Project and Client Portals – for document sharing, collaboration and knowledge management, and for supporting project teams. Blogs, wikis and support for other online interactions. Multiple media support including video and easy integration with existing document and data repositories.
- Web Content Management – templating, workflow and change management, and content deployment functions that deliver on-demand content to Web servers.