Professional services organizations are highly diverse in the range of services that they deliver, but all share an intense focus on cultivating trusted advisor relationships and fostering long-term repeat business with profitable clients. Operationally, professional services organizations and their practice leaders have to walk a tightrope to balance assigning the right people to the right client service engagements while making sure that the firm delivers predictable services and profitable results. Leadership must also set and communicate targets, report on progress, and drive continuous improvement in leading and lagging indicators of performance.
To effectively meet these business challenges head-on, these organizations need integrated solutions that bring together all of their specialized talent across client service and practice support roles.
The Microsoft Dynamics line of products offers a modern and flexible suite of business solutions that are built to work together seamlessly to support and link key levers of the business, enhancing both individual performance and firm-wide operations. By taking advantage of these solutions, professional services firms can deliver timely and distinctive client service, manage professional and intellectual capital, grow wallet and market share, and embed quality, efficiency, and risk management into business processes.
Offering Firms the Power of Choice
Business solutions from Microsoft are designed to give professional services organizations the power of choice, through a flexible adoption model. Firms have the opportunity to acquire and implement different solution elements as their own specific business needs and timetables require. For example, a firm could start by deploying solutions for Service Delivery (including project management and accounting) and Firm Administration (including core financials), or by deploying more common-denominator components such as expense management or employee profile, competency, and performance management.
Microsoft also offers organizations a choice in technology. Professional services firms can choose to deploy solutions on-premises, in the cloud, or as a hybrid of both, depending on needs and budgets. And IT leaders can often accomplish similar business outcomes using different combinations of software, selectively building on an existing installed base of Microsoft products to reduce the incremental cost of new solutions.
A Solid Technology Platform
Microsoft Platform Interoperability
Maximize existing IT investments, lower TCO, and make additional productivity gains through Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 interoperability with other key Microsoft technologies, including Microsoft Office, Project, Microsoft Lync, SharePoint, Windows and Windows Server®, SQL Server, Microsoft .NET, Microsoft BizTalk® Server, and Visual Studio.
Familiar User Experience
- Deliver role-tailored access to unified work lists, visual task queues, business processes and reports, notifications, key performance indicators (KPIs), and other important information. Services-specific Role Centers are available including Account Manager, Project Manager, and Project Team Member.
- Simplify data access with familiar Microsoft tools including Microsoft Word, Excel®, Project, and SharePoint. Find information quickly with search capabilities for document libraries in Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Dynamics AX, and share information using workspaces created and linked from projects in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Access project management tools and information easily using the Project Manager role available in the Enterprise Portal, with the ability to enter hours via the Internet or Microsoft Office Outlook.
- Automate business processes through a graphical workflow editor to create business rules and custom workflows (or use templates) by business analysts.
- Help ensure segregation of duty and minimal setup and maintenance of user accounts with role-based security and single sign-on capabilities.
- Make organization-specific modifications easily in Microsoft Visual Studio® and X++ development environments.
- Ease application-to-application and business-to-business integration with a flexible services and application integration framework.